Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 5


So today is a big day. The Telecommunications company that I work at is broadcasting a show, live, over our cable network. Guess who's in charge.

Anyway, the point I'm making is that for years I have associated stress relief with the consumption of a coke. From a deep, subconscious feeling, cokes have always been a reward for me, so it is only natural to want a soda during this stressful time.

The other variable that makes this situation more susceptible to me drowning myself in an ice cold soda is related to the picture I have attached.

Our company is preparing for its annual meeting, which results in 500 + sodas being loaded into the media room where I spend most of my time. Is this some kind of sick irony? Maybe, but I've got to be strong.

Overall, it's been a good day. I feel 10 times better already now that I've stopped drinking soda. I can't wait to see how I feel a month from now.

2 comments: