Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 1 - Soda Free

For those who don't know me, I am a 23 year old, videographer, photographer, and Marketing Associate who over the past year has developed a keen taste for unhealthy foods. Being a former soccer player, my current state of drinking over 60 fluid ounces of soda a day has become appalling to myself.

Today is the start of being soda free. I figured that if I wrote about my addiction (yes, it is an addiction) that I would be more in control of my urges. The office where I mainly work is approximately 50 feet from the nearest coke machine. The continuous clunk of bottles against the green, plastic, bottle shaped exit of the machine taunts me everyday, usually leading to my defeat.

The clank of the quarters, the clunk of the bottles, and the pssst of the fizz form a symphony of the most torturous sounds you can imagine to a soda lover. The power to resist weakens with every note played by the carbonated beverage.

It's only 10 Am, but hopefully I can stifle the desire for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment