Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 12


I'm sorry for not getting this weekend's posts up, but I have been extremely busy. As far as coke temptation, I was able to put down the urges fairly easily and only stick to Green Tea instead of Sweet.


However, I do have a confession to make. Saturday morning out of the kindness of her heart, my wife purchased and Ale-8-1 for me. For those who aren't from KY, or even Northern, KY, Ale-8 is the locally brewed "gingerish" soda that is packed with flavor and caffeine. I could not turn this down because it just slipped her mind that I had stopped drinking soda. Although the flavor was great, I did notice an irritation from the carbonation. After a week of being without the harsh acid from Soda, my body must have healed, causing the pain from drinking the Ale-8.


Although, I faltered a bit, the pain from the soda that I did have only reiterates the reason I am doing this.


Another event that reiterated my reasons for quitting the consumption of cola was watching Mythbusters on Discovery Channel. They were trying to bust Cola myths. Talk about shocking. Did you know that Cola can clean chrome better than regular chrome cleaner? It can also dissolve tooth enamel, as well as ruin a steak. Just the effects of the acid in cola on the human body should be enough to quit drinking.


I would love to hear from you if you have been in the same boat I am, or have thought about quitting, but just can't get the will power to do it. Please comment if you have anything to say.


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment